Help Desk Specialist
JOB TITLE: Help Desk Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of Information Technology
New-York Historical Society, a preeminent educational and research institution, is home to both New York City’s oldest museum and to one of the nation’s most distinguished independent research libraries. N-YHS is dedicated to presenting exhibitions and public programs and fostering research that reveals the dynamism of history and its influence on the world of today. Founded in 1804, its holdings cover four centuries of American history and include one of the world’s greatest collections of books, manuscripts, graphic materials, historical artifacts, and American art documenting the history of the United States as seen through the prism of New York.
The Help Desk Specialist is an important team member of the IT department at the New-York Historical Society, which is an integral part of daily operations at N-YHS. The Help Desk Specialist efficiently supports the technical needs of all staff within the museum environment. Operating the IT equipment requires strict attention to detail and respect for the environment. The N-YHS IT department bears multiple tasks that encompass a broad range of responsibilities, from assisting the individual user(s) to monitoring the day-to-day operations of all the equipment connected to the organization’s network. As such, becoming a full-time member of the N-YHS team requires a quick-thinking individual who possesses a refined communication skill set to compliment a foundational technical skill set. Verbal communication abilities are given high priority in this employment opportunity.
- Associate degree, or equivalent experience
- IT certifications a plus
HELP DESK SPECIALIST REQUIREMENTS:
- 2+ years of experience providing level 1 or above help desk support in IT operations
- Working knowledge of imaging software, databases, and remote control
- Strong client-facing and communication skills
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Handles multiple projects simultaneously and with little direction
- Broad knowledge of multiple facets of IT support and systems
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Serving as the first point of contact for the user seeking technical assistance over phone or email.
- Manage and maintain IT ticketing system.
- Oversees the daily performance of computer systems.
- Installs and performs minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems for end-users on a variety of issues.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images, and software.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses.
- Regular maintenance and monitoring of antivirus alerts.
- Additional duties as requested.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Lift up to 50lbs (speakers/removable stairs/stanchions).
For consideration please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Please reference the job title in the subject line.
The New-York Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer