Discover dynamic education programs and curriculum resources about the history of our city, state, and nation.
8th Grade: New York and the Nation, 19th and 20th Centuries
This series highlights the ways marginalized groups experienced and reacted to the major events of the 19th and 20th centuries.
- Lesson 1: Reconstruction
- Lesson 2: Manifest Destiny
- Lesson 3: Chinese Exclusion and Immigration
- Lesson 4: World War I
- Lesson 5: The Roaring Twenties
- Lesson 6: The Great Depression
- Lesson 7: World War II
- Lesson 8: Civil Rights
- Lesson 9: Culmination—A Visual Timeline